Thursday, June 3, 2010

America the Beautiful

If any of you went to Central and had Mrs. Sallis for 1st Grade then you can remember starting off every morning with her at the piano and the whole class singing My Country Tis of Thee and America the Beautiful. I can still sing almost every word of each. Then I headed to 4th Grade with Mrs. Bryan and had to learn every Civil War battle hymn known to man.

I guess there begins my love of patriotic music! There is just something about being loyal to God and country that makes you feel good.

On that note I'd like to invite everyone to Fellowship Community Church in the Kickapoo/Gloster area on Saturday, June 12, 2010 @ 6:00 p.m. for a patriotic night of music featuring Sandra Dee and special guest Rex Kramer.

Mrs. Sandra has sang at our church many times and is always fun and enjoyable! She even honored us by singing at my grandfather's funeral as a favor to my mom. She was the 2009 ICM (Inspirational Country Music) Female Vocalist of the Year (George Straight won the Male category in 2008 so I think that makes it a big deal!).

It'll be a night of fun and fellowship and its FREE so come on out! And bring a friend!

No comments: