Sunday, June 20, 2010

Luke Bryan is HOT!

Saturday night Ryan & I met up with the McGovern's for a country Louisiana Saturday Night at the CenturyTel Center to see Danny Gokey, Luke Bryan, and Sugarland in concert. I really had no idea who the first two people were and I the restaurant I confessed to Ryan I liked a song that went something like "rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, and whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky." As it turns out Luke Bryan sings that!

They tell me Danny Gokey was on American Idol . . . he actually did a great job!

Next came Luke Bryan and he was SMOKIN' HOT . . . oh and his songs were good too! He was dancing and putting on a great show!

He is a terrible pic of me and the hubby -- I am sporting a double chin and he looks queer but its all I got! I wanted a picture of me rockin' the Justin boots with my sundress but we never got one! We are waiting for Sugarland to come out . . .

Finally after the longest intermission ever Sugarland came on. Let me start off by saying that I am not a huge Sugarland fan but went to the concert anyway. They had a really great show and I was beginning to very begrudgingly forget that the voted for Obama until . . . . they came back for their encore performance and she spray painted a white flag with heart and wrote the word "LOVE" and turned the "O" into a peace sign. Then sang the song that I'm 99.9% sure that they sang at their Obama fundraiser about hope-n-change. That of course ended the concert on a sour note but we still had fun anyway!! Thanks McGovern's for hanging out with us!


2 comments:

Mere said...

I thought THE SAME THING when they brought out the flag! I rolled my eyes at Pat and said "Obama lovers". I almost wished they would've said something about liberal politics because that place would have gone CRAZY....But other than that- I thought they put on one heck of a show! I'm so glad we went!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh--I just laughed out loud at the "I am sporting a double chin and Ryan looks queer" comment. You are SO funny!

Glad y'all had a fun date night!

I actually watched the AI season with Danny Gokey. I'm pretty sure he's a solid Christian guy, so I'm interested in what his songs sounded like and what his performance was like. Thoughts?