Monday, August 2, 2010

A nice thing . . .

Mason's lazy days of summer are winding down and I am trying to make them good . . . this morning we had to go to Wal-Mart, which doesn't rank very high up there on his list of things to do!

To make it a little better, the three of us ate breakfast at McDonald's beforehand. Mason still hadn't woke up good and had a bit of moodiness to get out of his system but with a little food in his system all was good.

When we were almost done, Conner was yelling in laughter and the more I asked him to "Shh!" the louder he got. We were all giggling and it was great fun. I noticed an older man watching us and I thought to myself that he was either thinking a) that we were loud and obnoxious or b) that we were having fun and not letting a little noise bother us.

I got my answer when on the way out of the door he handed each boy a hot apple pie "for being so sweet!" It was such a nice thing for him to do and we really appreciated his thoughtfulness. We will be looking for opportunities this week to pass it on.

No comments: