Sunday, May 30, 2010

Swim Party!

After a few hours of R&R from Mason's party we headed to Michael's birthday party! Michael is Mary Lea's son, who I mentioned in my birthday post! I've known Mary Lea forever and spent many a summer day swimming at her Granny's and now her parents have a pool for us to swim in!

Thankfully this party was right down the road from our house!

At Mary Lea's party last August, Mason was a little too scared to go down the slide so I was shocked when that was the first thing he wanted to do. He is in swim lessons still but at my parent's house he has still been wearing either a life jacket or floaties. After two trips down the slide with his floaties he decided he didn't need them anymore!! Hooray for Mason! I was a little bit of a nervous wreck because not only did he not want his floaties but he also decided to swim under water and dive for things. Therefore there were several occasions when I was in the pool with him but turned my head for a moment and then couldn't see him that I thought he had drowned only to discover he was trying to touch the bottom of the pool! What a transformation!

FLOATIES

NO FLOATIES!


YEP - THAT'S THE DEEP END!

MADISON & MASON


HAVING A LITTLE WATER SQUIRTER FUN


We had a fantastic time at Michael's party! Michael had also just decided the day before that he didn't need his floaties either, must be something about a birthday that makes them braver!
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!

2 comments:

Mary Lea said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Can't believe our little boys are getting so big and brave!!! Love ya Friend!!!

Kelly Cobb said...

Wow go Mason! That swim school is great!

Happy Birthday Michael!