Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun times with Friends

I am the only "Gloster Girl" still actually in Gloster so whenever anyone comes to visit I jump at the chance to get to see them!

Mary Lea and her kids, Michael & Paige, plus friends of theirs, Brandi, Rierson, and Gage, invited us over to swim Thursday after school. It worked out great because Mason didn't have school on Friday so we weren't in a rush to eat supper or do homework.

It turned into an extra special day with Mary Lea's sister, Rachel, and her husband, Doug, and two kids, Madison and Caroline, came over too! Yea! I miss Mary Lea and Rachel so much!

With 5 adults and 8 kids it seemed like a party!

I have been a terrible mother lately because I have been planning our swimming trips when Conner can stay with Ryan or is napping because he can't swim but he isn't aware that he can't swim and he makes me so nervous! Plus he gets in and out of the pool - you know basically like he's two or something -- sorry Conner!! But today he did FANTASTIC! He'll be involved in all our swimming now! He went down the slide and did great "kicking & pulling" with his floaties on!

Mason & Michael had fun sliding and being underwater explorers for the diving sticks!

After swimming, Rachel & Mary Lea's dad took the 4 older kids riding on the Ranger while the little ones snacked and played with Play-Doh.

It was such a great time and I was glad to see my kids having fun and I was thrilled to be able to catch up with my friends!

Conner, trying to open and close all the French doors
Mason, playing dead

Love these guys - Rachel, Doug, and Mary Lea!


No comments: