Wednesday, August 4, 2010

He is HIS . . .

Today was Mason's special day! He had is Developmental Skills Concepts test for Kindergarten this morning and we got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Lynch. Most of his classmates from PreK were in a different class this year and upon arriving at school we only knew one friend in Mrs. Lynch's class (Hooray for Natalie!).

I think we both had some nervous jitters on the way to school. I was listening to K-Love and the MercyMe song Spoken For came on and these lyrics really caught me to hear Him say this one's mine, my heart is spoken for really caught me. Isaiah 43:1b says "you are MINE."

And although I've read that verse and listened to that song a hundred times I am usually listening to it in a "me" mode and not in regards to my children. But this morning, God calmly told me that Mason (and Conner) are HIS and I needn't worry about tomorrow. They are HIS children and as much as I love them and have their best interests at heart HE loves them more. And all my behind the scenes manuevering to get him the best teacher, the best friends, the best back pack, or whatever cannot compare to God watching out for him. Kindergarten here we come!

After a really long wait, we were finally done filling out forms and testing. We headed to Shreveport to meet ReRe for lunch and for Mason to tour her 13th story, corner office. He loved looking out the window!

He was on his best behavior until he got into Amy's boss's office, where he took things off his desk and threw them across the room! I was so embarrassed! Thankfully he is a nice guy and didn't throw us out but we quickly left anyway!

Now on to the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk was a fun idea and good in theory but I failed to factor in 102 degree temperatures! We needed school shoes and a few more uniform shorts then for fun stuff - aquarium and alligators at Bass Pro, ice cream, and the carousel! He of course didn't pick out the shoes I liked best but the other ones are still cute and thankfully do not have any cartoon characters on them!

All smiles at the Nike store where he found shoes that "make him run fast"

More smiles for the carousel!


Getting eaten by an alligator isn't a smiling occasion!


After the Boardwalk, we rented movies at Blockbuster and books from the library. Then headed home to show Daddy & Conner our goods! Conner was most upset over not getting new shoes but he did just get some before vacation!
Who knows what more fun stuff we can do before school starts next Wednesday!



No comments: