Wednesday, August 11, 2010

growing up is hard on mommy!

I am the Mommy to a very smart, inquistive, sweet, and tender-hearted 5 year old boy who just learned to tie his shoes after only less than an hour of instruction! I am very proud but very sad because that's one less thing he needs more for! He does still need a little practice but if required to do so himself, he can! YEA MASON!

I am also the Mommy to a very smart, strong-willed, curious, and sweet 2 year old little boy who I am trying hard to keep a baby! This week I have finally decided on the term little boy instead of baby but since Mason thinks his name is "Baby" it is kind of hard! The two of us have had a hard time getting rid of the "ga-ga," which is Conner speak for pacifer. He is such a great sleeper (unlike the aforementioned 5 year old) and all you have to do is show him the ga-ga and his gunga (teddy bear) and he goes right to bed and well it is so easy and I hate messing with that! But in exchange for a tractor and a book about tractors that little boy threw his beloved ga-ga in the trash!! YEA CONNER!

I am SO PROUD of both my boys but I hate milestones like this because it means they are one step closer to 18!

1 comment:

Kelly Cobb said...

Natalie just learned to tie her shoes a couple weeks ago too! I couldn't believe it, they're growing up!