Thursday, August 5, 2010

Splash Country!

Today we had great intentions of being totally motivated and organized and clean and well none of that happened. Instead the kids rotted in front of the TV while watching their "new" Blockbuster movies and me? Oh I'd love to say that while they were occupied I cleaned and organized and all that but actually (and it's OK to say since Ryan doesn't read this!) I read my new library book, Caught by Harlan Coben, from cover to cover. It was so good!!! His books are real page-turners but today I couldn't shake my sneaky suspicions that he doesn't believe in God at all so I think that'll be the last book of his I read.

After I declared a TV timeout the boys got creative and painted and colored and played play-doh and then it was nap time for Conner!

Mason watched Jaws (I bought a new copy at Blockbuster - cheaper than Wal-Mart and Best Buy, if anyone is interested!) while I made a few phone calls and around 3 I jumped on my cleaning duties at warp speed since Ryan would be home at 4! I was totally irresponsible today!

When Conner woke up, as promised, I set up the slip-n-slide and baby pool and we headed out for some splashin' around in the country! Surprisingly it was almost pleasant outside (comparably).

Of course, my boys can't play outside in the water without wanting to play "mud-kicker" so all forms of clean water were abandoned and they made mud puddles instead.


Around supper time they got hosed down and dried off and then wanted to take pictures! Here is me sans makeup trying to get in Mason's picture!

Ryan left early for a softball game. I decided not to play tonight since the game was at 9 and that's too late for boys to be in town. After supper we played outside on the trampoline and then called it a night!
Pretty soon we'll be rushed to get to bed so our "front porch summertime after supper ice cream & popsicle eating and playing nights" will be over - better enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: