Monday, August 2, 2010

Me v. UPS

So today was the big day - I got my call back from Shreveport's Customer Service at UPS. I told them about both instances where my packages were mishandled and not delivered properly.

I told her about my hesitance to report the earlier instance because of retribution . . .

and about one hour later the UPS driver calls my cell phone because "we need to talk." SERIOUSLY! She calls three times today.

The third time was when we were coming home from our softball game (lost in a big way!) and I do not like to talk serious business in front of people so I silenced my phone. Ryan answered it anyway.

I was now mad because customer service gave her my name and number and she called me three times!

She apologized profusely, which was nice, but ended her apology with "but," (and to me if you end your apology with "I'm sorry, but . . ." it nulls the apology) . . . I'm sorry (I didn't deliver your package and just left you a voice mail telling you where I left it), but I assumed that since your father is a pastor and you are full of love that you would have been more understanding!"

So apparently since I do meet her wherever she wants me to when I actually speak to her on the phone and since I called and very respectfully reported a grievance I am now un-Christiand and unloving!!

Grr . . . so in sumation, ship via FedEx!

2 comments:

Mere said...

HOW RUDE! I hate when people in the service industry forget that I'm a paying customer....I'm not mean about it and I try to be polite and respectful, but come on, her job is to DELIVER YOUR PACKAGE TO YOUR DOOR. I would write a letter to the Vice President or something.

Jennifer Brummett said...

I agree, the "but" made the apology null. For sure! The fact remains that she didn't do her job and no body cares to hear the reason why she didn't. Which frankly her reason was lame. Big time lame. Who ever said expressing your dissatisfaction was unloving or un-Christian? Good for you for vocalizing your complaint. Because if management isn't aware of these incidents then they will never be corrected.