Friday, August 27, 2010

Cabin Fever!

Mason has finished his second full week of school, by the way, just to brag a little he is still getting all green smiley faces (remember last year we only had one green frowny face ALL YEAR!- so all smiley for Mason) and today he got to go to the "Treasure Box" to pick out a prize for his good behavior! He was so excited! We are so proud of him - he is such a good boy!

But back to him being at school - Conner & I miss him so much! I think Conner is a little bored with me plus the only thing we've done all week is go to Wal-Mart! My mom & I share a newspaper box and Conner knows that both papers are in the box. As I got mine out this morning, he started to cry, "Go Mimee's house, go Mimee's house" over and over again! My parents are FANTASTIC and had baby-sit the night before so that Ryan and I could play in our last softball game so I knew my mom hadn't gotten home until 11 and probably wasn't awake at 7:45 this morning and therefore it was way to early for a visit! Conner however didn't understand that and asked all morning for his Mimee!

Let me back up again to say that my parents rock! When Mason was 8 weeks old they started watching him 5 days a week for 9 hours a day while Ryan & I worked. At the time we lived in Shreveport and my mom drove up every morning to pick him up! When we had Conner , we had moved closer but they still watched both boys 3 days a week until Conner was 8 months old. Then I started working part-time and they watched them twice a week. Now that I am not working, the boys MISS them so much! Of course we still see them and they still help out when we need them but to the boys it is just not the same as being there all day! I say all of that to say that when Conner cried for his Mimee and I knew he hadn't seen her since church on Sunday, except for 5 minutes on Wednesday, I took it seriously that his heart was breaking for her!

So this morning, we busted out of the house and went to visit Mimee and Papa and boy was Conner EXCITED!! He got to drive his toy tractors - between our two houses he only has about say 30 tractors and 15 implements - plus drive the real tractor with Papa and then go on a 4-wheeler ride. They have three new baby colts and he got to check them out. He did not want to leave and has been asking all day "Go Mimee house!"

This evening Ryan & Mason had a Daddy & Me Date to Party Central to play mini golf and Conner just had to bust loose so we went to visit my MeMaw in her apartment at the nursing home. You never know if a 2 year old will be shy or out-going or what but Conner was perfect! He sat with her and talked to her and posed for pictures! Such a sweetie!

Conner & MeMaw


After MeMaw's we headed to Amy's house to visit! Conner's first words to her were "Blake's vroom vroom." Vroom Vroom is Conner speak for TRACTOR! I don't think he understood that Blake can't keep his combines and tractors in their subdivision! Amy is the BEST aunt - she has all kinds of toys set aside for the boys when they come over - and she loves playing with them! I enjoyed getting to catch up with her and all she has going on.


Conner and I enjoyed our day of visiting and seeing!

No comments: