Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mighty Warriors!

I've mentioned a few times in my posts about playing co-ed softball this summer with my church and on Monday I finally remembered to bring my camera!! We are the Warriors of Fellowship Community Church and we've lost every game except the two the other teams didn't show up for . . . but I am having a great time and we are losing very graciously!


We had a team last year and there are only four players on this year's team from last year so basically it's our first year together and the very first time to play for some. We are not in an exclusive league for churches so I'm enjoying being able to smile through the whole game even though we are losing 0 - 12 it makes me think I'm somewhat inspirational or something!


I played church softball almost all my life, until college, and I am still learning new things. For instance, I am learning that I am not 16 anymore! After ever game it takes about 3 days for the sore muscles to heal and bruises to fade. The first game I fell down twice for no apparent reason and I have a knack for stopping balls with my legs and palms and not the glove, but I am still out there and sweating and having a blast!


Not only am I able to play with my Christian brothers & sisters, but actual brother, Josh, sister, Amy, and my hubby, Ryan! Yea!


Here is Amy coming up to bat!



Our best fans - Kyle, Aubrey, & Payne and Mason & Conner







No comments: