Saturday, May 15, 2010

Down in Dixie: Adam & Jessie's Wedding


Saturday evening, my parents and I meandered down a lonely parish road that twisted and turned with the bends of the Red River until we reached our destination - Cairo Plantation - the setting for Adam & Jessie's elegant outdoor Southern wedding. Adam is the son of my boss and I've known him since I was 8, as we began vacationing with his family in Colorado that year (had to find a way to sneak CO in!).


Rain showers and thunder only added to the setting and didn't outwardly dampen the mood of the beautiful bride! We sat in old timey wooden church pews adorned with flowers in Mason jars and beyond the bride the view was the levee of the Red River and gorgeous wildflowers and sunflowers.





One of the many smaller old houses surrounding "the big house."



After the wedding, the guests travelled to the old Dixie Gin for the equally elegant reception. The Dixie Gin is an old cotton gin that is no longer in operation. Its now the place in Dixie, Louisiana to hold events. We walked up the ramp to the loading dock, which I'm sure as seen many a bale of cotton in its day, but was now a dance floor. The inside of the gin was lined with tables covered with burlap in lieu of fine linen and centerpieces were Mason jars filled with flowers.



The cake and as fitting, the bride and groom toasting their champaigne in Mason jars!




A "vintage" photo of the bride hung behind the bar, set up saloon style.



My parents and I dined with Stephen & Jann Logan of Logan Farms in Gilliam, LA, Joe & Karen Dill of Westdale Plantation in Westdale, LA, and Charlie Renfro, a prominent cattleman in Mansfield, LA and his lovely date. (Just had to add that since the Logan's are in the society pages like every other week! ha)


My parents loved the bride's multi-flavored cake but I opted for the groom's double decker cookie cake! It was served alongside old time glass bottles of milk keeping cold in a metal tin with ice.


My dates!



Congratulations Adam & Jessie! Your wedding was almost as beautiful as ya'll are!








4 comments:

The Doyals said...

You know the Gin is my friend Ginger's place now. They do all kinds of stuff out there- it's really pretty when it's decorated. Glad y'all had fun!

Lindsey said...

Crazy! My dad was at that wedding! Jessie's grandpa is my dad's first cousin. They are very close and get together all the time!

Lauren said...

I love the look of that wedding! It could totally be in a magazine!

stevenjared0853 said...

Wow, Adam & Jessie's Wedding was astonishing. The bride looked fantastic on her wedding day. The pictures took my heart away. At one of the garden themed event locations my cousin had a fairy inspired ceremony. Glad it all went super enjoyable for the couple.