Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Map Dot No More??

I'm so distraught people!! There has been some construction work happening around our main intersection lately and I really haven't paid too much attention but today I noticed metal poles hanging over the road and it dawned on me - WE ARE GETTING A RED LIGHT!!!

Seriously, what small town needs a red light? For as long as I can remember I've given directions that sounded like "X number of miles from the caution light" and now I'm just supposed to change that???

This will make 4 red lights in about a 5 - 10 mile stretch! Really! First subdivisions and now red lights?? What are we becoming?!?

Alll I know is that I had better not end up with neighbors and MapQuest, Garmin, etc. had better not start recognizing my address or I'll know I'm in serious trouble!

***********************************************************************************
Random comments from Mason this weekend in Dallas --
"This isn't Texas Mama - Texas is dusty!"
on arriving to my friend's house inside Dallas city limits "where do they ride their 4-wheelers?"
driving around dowtown "where are the woods?"

So really now I'm going to have to explain why we need a red light so close to our house!

2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

I loved seeing you both this weekend! Anytime the boys need a little city time let me know!

Lauren said...

What?? Everytime I visit, something else has changed. My little hometown is growing too fast! (I sound like a mama talking about her baby--haha!)

By the way, funny/cute comments from Mason!