Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, My Beloved!


On Tuesday, May 17, 2005, at 12 noon, my life was forever changed by an 8 lb. 14 oz. screaming bundle of joy! Thankfully the screaming didn't last long and I brought home the sweetest, most precious, most Mommy-loving little baby ever! And somehow this Monday you turned FIVE! Where time went I don't know, but I am even more in love with you today then I was five years ago!


Mason, I am so lucky to be your Mommy! You are so sweet and caring and affectionate! You LOVE to cuddle and be read to, you love to help anybody do anything from cooking to gardening to sweeping, you are a wonderful friend and big brother - in short you are FABULOUS!


You're 5th birthday was your best yet! We woke up early for school and I served you your favorite breakfast - Cinnamon Toast Waffles - with a candle in it to get the birthday celebration started off right! We went to school and as soon as you entered your teacher, Mrs. Deas sang you Happy Birthday! Conner & I came back to school mid-morning for your Awards Assembly. You received a Pre-K Diploma and a large trophy for your reading minutes. You could have won a medal or a small trophy but you love to read so much that you earned the LARGE trophy! Congrats Mason! Mimee came to watch you and she is so proud of you!




I felt a little bad because you wanted me to check you out SO BAD but it was your snack day so I made you stay at school! Conner & I went home so he could nap and I came back to school to find you napping! You never nap for me at home!! You were all cuddled up under your blanket fast asleep - adorable! Mrs. Deas' and I talked about how wonderful you are until you and friends woke up!


Your friend, Landry, folded your blanket for you and your friend, Blayne, put up your nap mat in honor of your birthday! Then all of your friends sang you a special birthday song! After your birthday song, Mrs. Deas gave you a birthday spanking!! Followed by a birthday hug!




All your friends gathered round to watch you make a wish and sing Happy Birthday again!



We came home from school and Papa was at our house watching Conner and as soon as he saw you he sang you Happy Birthday! You and Papa love each other so much!!


Soon Daddy came home and sang to you and wished you the best birthday ever! You were excited because you knew as soon as he got home you would get to open your present and then go to CHUCK E. CHEESE!!


You got a Leapster 2 and an Animal Genius game to go with it!




You love your little brother A LOT!



On the way to Chuck E. Cheese you played your new game and it was like you'd had it forever - you are so smart! Here you are in the tube thing at Chuck E. Cheese! Like the good brother you are, you helped Conner climb to the top because he was too little to do it himself. Even when you went to play somewhere else you still came back every time he needed help! Conner loves you and wishes you a happy birthday too!



Driving a Jeep just like Papa!




You had an exciting fun filled day! Happy 5th birthday! WE LOVE YOU!













1 comment: