Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up!

Friday night Ryan & I got a very rare date night to belatedly celebrate our 7th anniversary (April 5 - we were way behind!). And I use the term "date" very lightly as it ended at Wal-Mart! We hit up our favorite spot, Taco Mania. When we lived in Broadmoor we started dining at their old location, which was on the corner of our neighborhood and we went every weekend. So it's always nice to go back without screaming kids!


Of course, Saturday's mean T-ball and birthday parties! We headed out the ballpark with surprisingly cool temperatures! Mason fielded five balls and was so excited! I saw none of it because Conner was having a worse time than usual. Like last week, he headed toward the other team's dugout. He gave me a near panic because neither Ryan nor I saw him go there and both teams plus Conner had on red shirts so it was hard to spot him in the sea of red. Thankfully another mom, Shelia, had her eye on him and pointed him out! And luckily, again, we ended up with a cousin on the other team so Renee and little Lacey were understanding about having Conner in their dugout.


This week it broke his heart that he couldn't play instead of just making him mad. He cried real tears and finally just laid down close to the foul line with his little lip quivering. I stood over him to make sure he didn't get hit and then when he was through with his episode I carried him out crying hysterically. It really was more sad than frustrating.


Mason, #17, with Coach Dad helping out



Oops, first is this way!



Mason, Conner, & Ryan

Conner got to play in the field for a while


Saturday night Mason & I went to visit my MeMaw, my dad's mom. It had been way too long since I'd been over to see her in the nursing home. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay long because Mason had another birthday party to attend for a classmate, this week's party was at AcroSports. I forgot my camera but he had a great time doing the gymnastics obstacle course and playing in the ball pit/slide/play thing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKAYLIN!!

Sunday I was surpised with a fresh cinammon roll from Southern Maid - breakfast in bed - gotta love it!! We headed to church and then back home for Conner to catch a short nap before going to my Aunt Jackie & Uncle Charles' for a Mother's Day lunch and birthday celebration for my Granny! We don't get together with my cousin's very often anymore so I enjoyed getting to visit and eat some delicious fish and homemade banana ice cream!


Cliff, Sam, & Chad

Uncle Billy & Aunt Nancy


Conner, Mason, Jack, & Sam


Jackie
Jackie just celebrated her 19th birthday!
And had some beautiful prom pictures to pass around!


Granny, Tommy, MeMe, & my wonderful Mom


Aunt Cheryl, Beverly, & Granny


Beverly, Aunt Jackie, & Granny


Mason, Jack, Emily, & Brittney


Conner & Brittney
Conner was so excited that someone would play with him!
Brittney was so sweet and gentle with him!


As I've been on a very "country kick" lately and enjoying getting back to the good ol' days I thought this picture was fitting! We all parked our cars in the pasture, right next to the John Deere tractors! You may not can see one of them in the background well and the others are in the shed and out in the field. Gotta love it! I crawled under fences all day to get to my car without walking all the around.



The boys spent the day climbing trees and playing with cousins and it was a fantastic day! To keep things down home too, Ryan went out and picked wild blackberries that grow in the thorns on our fence line and as I type the boys are enjoying fresh-picked God grown berries for supper!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the greatest mom's I know!!! When does Conner get to start baseball???

Lauren said...

Only a Burford would have a cousin on every baseball team. haha!